CPR Response Plus is an authorized provider of Canadian Red Cross Youth First Aid Programs.
Real-world scenarios often call on children to respond to challenges. The Stay Safe! program teaches applicable and age-appropriate skills, while increasing and reinforcing a youth’s capacity to improve his or her own safety. Whether in their community or on their own, this group will be given better tools to Stay Safe! in a variety of different situations.
The Canadian Red Cross Stay Safe course offers basic first aid and safety skills for youth 9-13 years old. Participants learn about being safe when they are without the direct supervision of a parent, guardian, or trusted adult, both at home and in their communities.
- Duration: 5-6 hours
- Private group training is available with flexible scheduling options.
- Prerequisite: This course is designed for participants 9 years of age or older (completion of grade 3).
- Requirements: To obtain the certificate of completion 100% attendance is mandatory.
- Certification: Participants will receive a certificate of completion with no expiry.
- Course Content
- The importance of responsibility and respect while being accountable for yourself
- The importance of setting and following safety rules when on your own
- How to stay safe at home and within the community
- How to prepare for, recognize and respond to unexpected situations (e.g., inclement weather, strangers, and unanticipated visits)
- Basic first aid skills