CPR Response Plus is an authorized provider of Canadian Red Cross Youth First Aid Programs.
The Babysitting course, refreshed and revised, now has a greater emphasis on First Aid skills. The Canadian Red Cross Babysitting course covers everything from managing difficult behaviours to essential content on leadership and professional conduct as a babysitter. Babysitting promises to deepen and enhance the responsibility that older youth feel when caring for younger children. This updated curriculum, complete with new science, also provides improved learning when it comes to giving the appropriate care in the event of an emergency.
The Canadian Red Cross Babysitting course offers basic first aid and care-giving skills for youth 11-15 years old. Participants learn how to provide care to children in a variety of age groups, and how to prevent and respond to emergencies. The course also offers youth the skills to promote themselves as babysitters to prospective families.
- Duration: 7-8 hours
- Private group training is available with flexible scheduling options.
- Prerequisite: This course is designed for participants 11 years of age or older (grade 6 and up).
- Requirements: To obtain the certificate of completion 100% attendance is mandatory.
- Certification: Participants will receive a certificate of completion with no expiry.
- Course Content
- How to be responsible and demonstrate leadership
- How to make good decisions and manage difficult behaviours
- Information on children’s developmental stages,and specific strategies for each stage
- How to feed, diaper, dress, and play with children and babies
- How to recognize and prevent unsafe situations, make safe choices and promote safe behaviours
- First aid skills
- The business of babysitting